Here are the steps for planting Longkong Lanzones.
1. Each Longkong tree is 6m x 6m apart, the same as with the LBNDM.
2. Dig 2ft diameter x 1ft deep. Make sure the center of 1 hole to the next hole is 6m x 6m. See Planting Map.
3. Water each hole and let the ground sip the water before putting soil.
4. Mix VERMICOMPOST and soil together. The more VERMICOMPOST, the better.
5. Pour the mixed VERMICOMPOST and soil into each hole all the way to the top.
6. In the middle of each hole, pour at least 3 tansan of the MYCOVAM, 5 inches deep. The more MYCOVAM, the better.
7. Place the Longkong seedling in the hole and cover with VERMICOMPOST mixed with soil
8. Create 15 shade nets for the Longkong shown in Figure 6. A young Lansones needs 75% shade to grow.
9. Replace the black shade nets shown in Figure 6 with a SAKO
10. Cut open the SAKO and position as shown in Figure 6. But create few holes the size of a bottle cap or “tansan” so rain drops can fall on the plant.
11. Place 2 layers of coconut husks around each Longkong 1m. in diameter to avoid the soil from drying during summer.
12. Water the young Longkong seedlings 2x per day.